We spent many hours on research to finding m2 hard drive cooling, reading product features, product specifications for this guide. For those of you who wish to the best m2 hard drive cooling, you should not miss this article. m2 hard drive cooling coming in a variety of types but also different price range. The following is the top 9 m2 hard drive cooling by our suggestions
836 reviews analysed
1. NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD to USB 3.1 Gen2 Enclosure – ElecGear NV-C01 External Aluminum Cooling Case, 10Gbps 2280 PCI-E M2 M-Key NGFF HDD Card Reader Adapter, NVMe Caddy Hard Drive Box, USB Type A and C Cable
- [NVMe Enclosure] – NV-C01 external adapter features the latest chipset of USB3.1 to PCIe Gen3 x 2 lane bridge controller. Achieving 1,000MB/s USB data transition from NVM Express PCI-e SSD to desk PC, notebook or Mac. R/W speed up to 850-1020MB/s with most NVMe hard drive. Compatible with Windows, MacOS and Thunderbolt 3 of Apple MacBook Pro and Intel NUC. Packed with two 10Gbps cables: USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-A and Type-C
- [Solid Aluminum] – Premium aluminum casing with CNC technique and thermal silicon pad design. The whole body act as a heatsink to take away the heat from memory module – No cooling fan or extra cooler needed for your expensive NVMe hard drive
- Blue LED indicator showing data status on Solid State Drive
- Easy installation, Hot-swappable, Plug & Play, No extra drive required
- [ATTENTION] – The adapter fits NVMe M.2 SSD (PCIe ‘M’ and ‘B+M’ key). It is NOT compatible with SATA NGFF, PCIe AHCI, mSATA (Mini SATA) SSD or disks pulled from Apple Mac. (*Never classify an M2 disk by its ‘KEY’ form. NVMe come in ‘M’ or ‘B+M’ key, however, most SATA NGFF also come in ‘B+M’ which is NOT supported*). Study your hard drive, make sure it is an ‘NVMe’
- [Compatibility] – Support NVMe M2 SSD with 2280, 2260, 2242, 2230 form factor: Samsung 950 Pro, PM951, PM961, PM981, SM961, 960 970 EVO Plus, 960 970 Pro, WD Black SN750 and Blue SN500, Lexar NM520, ADATA XPG SX8200, SX6000 Pro, Corsair Force MP300, MP510, Crucial P1, Sabrent, Silicon Power, Toshiba OCZ RC100, Intel Optane memory 600P, 660P, 760P, 800P, 900P, Patriot, SK Hynix, Kingston A1000, KC1000, LITEON T11 Plus, Mushkin Pilot, HP EX950, DREVO D1 XTREME
- [Target Audience] – Ultra-fast 10Gbps throughput, low latency and power efficiency. Comply with Trim, UASP and Power Saving. Perfect for tech nerds, 4K content designers and engineering. At 1000MB/s, Data copy and transferring will be done in no time
- For high-end gamers, it greatly speed up games loading on PlayStation PS4 and Xbox One console
- Insert an internal SSD in, it’s a superfast flash card reader
Compatibility Note on NV-C01:
● The adapter fits NVMe PCIe M.2 ONLY!
● NVMe come in ‘M’ or ‘B+M’ key, however, many SATA NGFF also come in ‘B+M’ which is NOT supported. You can NOT classify a ‘B+M’ disk by ‘KEY’ form. Do a research and make sure it is ‘NVMe’
● The card reader does NOT fit SATA NGFF, PCIe AHCI, mSATA or SSDs pulled from Apple Mac
● Some rare disks come in multiple editions with different interface, for example Samsung SM951 (NVMe and AHCI are available)
● Not fit AHCI disks like Samsung XP941, SM951 MZ-HPV256/512. (*SM951 MZ-VPV5120/2560 are supported for they’re NVMe)
● The caddy will heat up since NVMe produce a lot of heat
– Newest NVMe PCIe to 10Gbps USB3.1 Gen2 Adaptor
– Two 10Gbps USB Type-A and Type-C Cables included
– Premium Aluminum Case with Excellent Cooling Effort
– 2280, 2260, 2242, 2230 form factor; ‘M’ and ‘B+M’ Key
– Thermal Silicon Pad Design – Excellent Heat Dissipation
– Compatible with multi-OS: Windows 7, 8, 10 & Mac OS
– Comply with Trim, UASP, Power Saving and Plug & Play
Samsung 950 Pro, PM951, PM961, PM981, SM961, 960 970 EVO Plus Pro, WD Black SN750, ADATA XPG SX8200 and SX6000 Pro, Corsair Force MP510, Crucial P1, Sabrent Rocket, Silicon Power P34A80, Intel 600P, 660P, 760P, 900P, Patriot, SK Hynix, Kingston KC1000, Mushkin Pilot, HP EX900, EX950, Pioneer APS-SE20G, addlink S70
Kingston A1000, Corsair MP300, WD Blue SN500, Lexar NM520, Toshiba OCZ RC100, Intel Optane 800P, LITEON T11 Plus and NVMe pulled from notebook like Lenovo SL700, ST8000
1* ElecGear NV-C01 (105*45*14mm, 135gram)
1* USB A2C Cable
1* USB C2C Cable
1* PH0 Screwdriver
(Internal Memory is NOT included!)
2. TDBT M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure with Heat Sink, USB-C to PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD Enclosure with Thermal Cooling Pad, NVMe M.2 USB-C External Storage Enclosure, JMS583 Chip 10Gbps, Fits M-Key B+M Key NVMe SSD
- Supports PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD, max. speed USB 3.1 10Gbps, actual testing speed over 1000MB/s for reading/write. Save tons of time
- Dual USB-C to USB-C and USB-C to USB-A cables included, works with USB-C/Thunderbolt 3/USB-A hosts
- Enhanced heat dissipation design, SSD heat sink and thermal pad included, cooling down internal NVMe SSD rapidly
- Fits M Key and B+M Key NVMe M.2 SSD (2230/2242/2260/2280), compatible with most brands M.2 NVMe SSD
- Work with PS4/PS4 Pro/PS 4 Slim, Xbox One/One X, Windows PC/Mac/Android/, NOT work with any SSD from MacBook Pro/Air/iMac/Mac Pro
When connecting TDBT SuperC to a USB 3.1 or Thunderbolt 3 computer, you can get a read/write speed around 1000 MB/s. As a comparison, even for high-end SATA SSD, the Max. Rate is 550MB/s for reading and 450MB/s for writing.
NVMe SSD generates massive heat when working, so we enhanced the cooling system:
- Double side Copper strip on PCB to conduct heat effectively
- Specially designed SSD heat sink rapidly radiating heat from internal SSD to external Aluminum case
- Sturdy Aluminum case with heat exchange fins, practically enlarge the heat dissipation area
TDBT SuperC works with almost all brands M-Key/B&M-Key NVMe M.2 SSD. For Samsung 970 EVO plus SSD, if you want to use with Mac, update the SSD firmware is required. If you need technical support, please contact us.
To get the best performance:
- Your M.2 NVMe SSD read/write speed is faster than 1000MB/s
- Your computer has a USB 3.1 Gen2(Max. Speed 10Gbps) or Thunderbolt 3 port. For USB 3.1 Gen1 port, the max speed you get is 5Gbps only
- If you have a powerful computer, as better
- Controller chip: JMicron JMS583(PCIe 3.0×2)
- USB 3.1 Gen2 type C interface, Max. 10Gbps for M.2 NVMe SSD
- Support M-Key and B&M-Key NVMe M.2 SSD only, NOT work with M.2 SATA AHCI SSD
- Supports SSD size(mm): 22×30, 22×42, 22×60, 22×80
- Supports Max. 2TB SSD
- Compatible with USB 2.0/3.0/3.1 Gen1/3.1 Gen2/Thunderbolt 3 standard
- Work with Sony PS4/PS4 Slim/PS4 Pro, Microsoft Xbox One/One X as USB external storage. SSD formatting required, back up files before connecting
- Including 0.3M/1FT USB-C to USB-C and USB-C to USB-A data cable, compatible with USB-A/USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 ports
- System requirements: Windows 8.1/10 or later, macOS 10.10.2 or later, Android device should have USB-C port and supports OTG
3. Fledging Shell Thunder SSD Enclosure (0GB) with Active Cooling for Thunderbolt 3 – NVME PCIe Portable External SSD Enclosure m.2 to Thunderbolt 3
- [FIRST-IN-CLASS COOLING] Thunder is the only Thunderbolt 3 SSD enclosure with whisper-quiet active cooling – We wrote 3TB in an hour and Thunder stayed cooler than the palm of your hand
- [LIGHTNING FAST] Thunder easily achieves 2,700 MBps Read and 1,300 MBps Write speeds, helping you create and transfer photos, videos, data, and more in the blink of an eye
- [RUGGED PORTABILITY] Carry your projects, creativity, and entertainment in your pocket wherever you want to work
- Thunder is the perfect tool to make your Thunderbolt 3-enabled device more powerful than ever, wherever you are
- [BUILT FOR THUNDERBOLT 3 WITH ALL THE TOOLS YOU NEED] Thunder is only compatible with Thunderbolt 3 ports and comes with a screwdriver, a thermal cooling pad, a Thunderbolt 3 cable, and installation instructions
- [COMPATIBILITY NOTE] Please note before your purchase that Shell Thunder is only compatible with M.2 PCIe NVMe Drives and not Apple OEM drives or Fledging Feather drives
LIGHTNING SPEED: Fledging Shell Thunder 2 is the next generation of Thunder! It’s our fastest, most elegantly designed external SSD Thunderbolt 3 enclosure. With up to 2TB of data storage and 2,300 MB/s read and 1,700 MB/s write speeds, Shell Thunder 2 is ideal for gaming, video editing, research, design, content creation, and much more.
ACTIVE COOLING: Thunder 2 is re-engineered for active cooling. We stress-tested this design with an Intel SSD by writing 3TB in 60 minutes. The whisper-quiet 4000 RPM fan makes Thunder 2 a bit wider than Thunder.
M.2 NVMe ENCLOSURE: Designed for 2280 and 2260 M.2 NVMe and AHCI SSD. Not compatible with M.2 SATA SSD.
ANODIZED ALUMINUM CASING: We believe products should look and feel good. Thunder 2 is built with a rugged anodized aluminum casing, built to look good while protecting your data.
UNMATCHED CUSTOMER SERVICE: We are here to delight you. Ask us any questions or for support at any time.
FLEDGING’S MISSION: Fledging is on a mission to create accessible, affordable premium consumer electronics. The market offers two bad choices: skip your next month’s rent for new tech or choose an off-brand gadget doomed to break the day after the return policy expires. Fledging offers a third choice by creating premium tech at a non-premium price.
COMPATIBILITY NOTE: Shell Thunder 2 is not compatible with Apple SSDs, including our Fledging Feather SSD.
4. Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2 SATA Internal SSD (MZ-N6E1T0BW)
- Powered by Samsung V-NAND Technology. Optimized Performance for Everyday Computing. SATA 6 Gb/s Interface, compatible with SATA 3 Gb/s & SATA 1.5 Gb/s interface
- Enhanced Performance: Sequential Read/Write speeds up to 550MB/s and 520MB/s respectively
- Ideal for mainstream PCs and laptops for personal, gaming and business use
- Hardware/Software Compatibility: Windows 8/Windows 7/Windows Server 2003 (32-bit and 64-bit), Vista (SP1 and above), XP (SP2 and above), MAC OSX, and Linux
- Included Contents: M.2 SATA (6Gb/s) SSD & User Manual (All Other Cables, Screws, Brackets Not Included). 5-Year Warranty
Samsung 860 EVO solid state drive is the SSD to trust. Based on 3D VNAND flash, Samsung offers enhanced read/write performance, endurance and power management efficiency. With multiple form factors, the 860 EVO is ideal for mainstream PCs and laptops.
5. WD Blue 3D NAND 250GB Internal PC SSD – SATA III 6 Gb/s, M.2 2280, Up to 550 MB/s – WDS250G2B0B
- 3D NAND SATA SSD for capacities up to 2TB with enhanced reliability. As used for storage capacity, one terabyte (TB) = one trillion bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending on operating environment
- Sequential read speeds up to 560MB/s and sequential write speeds up to 530MB/s. As used for transfer rate or interface, megabyte per second (MB/s) = one million bytes per second and gigabit per second (Gb/s) = one billion bits per second
- An industry-leading 1.75M hrs mean time to failure (MTTF) and up to 500 TBs written (TBW) for enhanced reliability. | MTTF based on internal testing using Telcordia stress part testing. TBW calculated using JEDEC client workload (JESD219)
- WD F.I.T. Lab certification for compatibility with a wide range of computers.
- 5-year manufacturer’s limited warranty
The WD Blue 3D NAND SATA SSD utilizes 3D NAND technology for capacities up to 2TB* with enhanced reliability. Featuring an active power draw up to 25% lower** than previous generations of WD Blue SSDs, you’re able to work longer before recharging your laptop, while sequential read speeds up to 560MB/s and sequential write speeds up to 530MB/s give the speed you want for your most demanding computing applications.*** Combined with the free, downloadable WD SSD Dashboard software and a 5-year limited warranty, you can confidently upgrade your system to the WD Blue 3D NAND SATA SSD. |*As used for storage capacity, one terabyte (TB) = one trillion bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending on operating environment. |** Active power draws are up to 25% lower during sequential reads than previous generations of WD Blue SSD at the 500GB capacity point. |***As used for transfer rate or interface, megabyte per second (MB/s) = one million bytes per second and gigabit per second (Gb/s) = one billion bits per second.
6. ORICO Transparent NVMe M.2 Enclosure Tool-Free USB3.1 Type-C Gen2 10Gbps to M.2 SSD Enclosure for Intel 660p/Samsung 970 EVO/Samsung970 Pro 2230/2242/2260/2280 PCIe NVMe M-Key SSD up to 2TB – Red
- CLEAR DESIGN – Transparent NVMe Case make it easy to identify the hard drive inside. The other side of the aluminum alloy plate reduces overheating.
- EASY TO USE – Tool-free design allows quick and easy installation of your M.2 NMVe SSDs. Less than 3 minutes to install ssd and plug in.
- HIGH SPEED – Adopting UASP and Trim supported JMS583 master controller and latest USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C port, it supports up to 10 Gbps data transfer speed, and can read & write up to 950+ Mb/s for compatible SSDs.
- COMPATIBILITY – Only for NVME M-Key M.2 SSD (PCI-E-based). Support Windows / Linux /Mac OS. Fit SSD sizes include 2230, 2242, 2260, 2280. Fits storage up to 2TB.
- If for any reason you are dissatisfied with your purchase, just let us know and we promise to make it right.
7. WD_Black SN750 500GB NVMe Internal Gaming SSD with Heatsink – Gen3 PCIe, M.2 2280, 3D NAND – WDS500G3XHC
- Sleek heatsink design to customize and intensify your gaming rig while helping to maintain peak performance.
- An exclusive WD BLACK SSD dashboard with gaming mode improves game performance.
- Available in capacities up to 500GB to 2TB
- Ideal for enthusiasts building custom desktops or gaming rigs
- NVMe drive not compatible with SATA interface
- 5-year manufacturer’s limited warranty
The WD BLACK SN750 NVMe SSD with heatsink delivers top-tier performance for gaming and hardware enthusiasts who are looking to build or upgrade their PC. The WD BLACK SN750 NVMe SSD rivals some of the best performing drives on the market to help give gamers that competitive edge. *An exclusive WD BLACK SSD dashboard with gaming mode improves game performance Available for download at Western Digital website.
8. Sabrent 500GB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 M.2 2280 Internal SSD Maximum Performance Solid State Drive (SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-500)
- NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4 x4 Interface. PCIe 4.0 Compliant / NVMe 1.3 Compliant.
- Power Management Support for APST / ASPM / L1.2.
- Supports SMART and TRIM commands. Supports ONFi 2.3, ONFi 3.0, ONFi 3.2 and ONFi 4.0 interface.
- Advanced Wear Leveling, Bad Block Management, Error Correction Code, and Over-Provision.
- All Sabrent SSDs come with FREE Sabrent Acronis True Image for Sabrent Software for easy Cloning. For those who require a specific sector size to clone their existing SSDs: A newly released Sabrent utility enables users to re-format the Rocket drive and choose the sector size of their liking, either 512-bytes or 4K bytes.
The Sabrient 500GB Rocket Name Pie 4. 0 M. 2 2280 Internal SSD Extreme Performance Solid State Drive (SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-500) delivers all the advantages of flash disk technology with Pie Gen4. 0 x4 interface. Based on Toshiba’s BiCS4 96L TLC NAND Flash memory, its performance speeds can reach up to 5000 MB/s (read) and 2500 MB/s (write) when using a Pie Gen4 motherboard. Using a Pie Gen3 Motherboard Speeds will reach up to 3400 MB/s (read) and 2500 MB/s (write). Power consumption is much lower than traditional hard drives, making it the best-embedded solution for new systems. The Sabrient 500GB Rocket Name Pie 4. 0 M. 2 2280 Internal SSD was designed using Pie 4. 0 which allows for speeds of up to 5000 MB/s (read) and 2500 MB/s (write), significantly faster than Pie 3. 0. Note: In order to take advantage of these speeds, a Pie Gen4 motherboard is REQUIRED. Otherwise it will be at pie gen 3 speed at max of 3500MB/s. When installing any NV Me Pie 4. 0 SSD directly onto a Pie Gen4 Motherboard a Heatsink is required to dissipate the heat generated by the drives extreme speed levels to avoid thermal throttling and maximize performance. The Sabrient 500GB Rocket Name Pie 4. 0 M. 2 2280 Internal SSD is backward compatible with Pie 3. 0. Using a Gen 3 Pie motherboard will enable the user to reach speeds of up to 3400 MB/s (read) and 2000 MB/s (write). Features: NV Me M. 2 Pie Gen4 x4 Interface. Pie 4. 0 Compliant / NV Me 1. 3 Compliant. Power Management Support for APST / ASPM / L1. 2. Supports SMART and TRIM commands. Supports Unfit 2. 3, Unfit 3. 0, Unfit 3. 2 and Unfit 4. 0 interface. Advanced Wear Leveling, Bad Block Management, Error Correction Code, and Over-Provision. Upgradeable Firmware. Package contents: 500GB Rocket Name Pie 4. 0 M. 2 2280 SSD. User Manual.
9. SanDisk 1TB Extreme PRO Portable External SSD – Up to 1050MB/s – USB-C, USB 3.1 – SDSSDE80-1T00-A25
- Save time moving and editing your files with our lightning-fast, in-house NVMe technology that dramatically increases transfer speeds to up to 1050MB/s.** [**Read speed only
- write speed lower. Based on internal testing
- performance may be lower depending on drive capacity, host device, usage conditions, and other factors. 1MB = 1,000,000 bytes.]
- Ruggedized design with a forged aluminum body protects the SSD core and dissipates heat. Its IP55 rating lets you know that it’s water- and dust-resistant while its durable, silicon rubber coating delivers higher impact resistance.(1) [(1) IEC 60529 IP55: Based on internal testing in 2019. Tested to withstand water flow (30 kPa) at 3 min.
- limited dust contact does not interfere with operation. Must be clean and dry before use.]
- With capacity of up to 1TB,* creative professionals have enough space for full libraries of content [*1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. Actual user storage less.]
- Compact, pocket-sized design won’t weigh you down when you travel
- Universal compatibility with PCs and Mac computers with USB Type–C and Type-A connections,(2) so you know it will work with the way you work [(2)USB Type-C cable and Type-A adaptor included]
- Limited 5-Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Order with your Alexa enabled device. Just ask “Alexa, order SanDisk External SSD.”
Create at the speed of life. The SanDisk Extreme PRO portable SSD leverages our lightning-fast, in-house NVMe technology to dramatically increase transfer speeds to up to 1050MB/s**, letting you move files faster and edit right from the drive. Its ruggedized(1) case with up to 2-meter drop(4) protection helps keep your content protected no matter where you take it. | *1TB = 1,000,000,000,000 bytes. Actual user storage less. | **Read speed only; write speed lower. Based on internal testing; performance may be lower depending on drive capacity, host device, usage conditions, and other factors. 1MB = 1,000,000 bytes. | (1)IEC 60529 IP55: Based on internal testing in 2019. Tested to withstand water flow (30 kPa) at 3 min.; limited dust contact does not interfere with operation. Must be clean and dry before use. | (2)USB Type-C cable and Type-A adaptor included | (3)Limited time complimentary offer included. Subscription required after. See terms at official SanDisk website. Offer subject to change. US only. | (4)2M (6.5’) on a concrete floor.
By our suggestions above, we hope that you can found M2 Hard Drive Cooling for you.Please don’t forget to share your experience by comment in this post. Thank you!